DoD Knowledge Base: FAQs

Boards for Correction of Military Records
Published: 09/25/2003 | Updated:  06/24/2016

How can I make a correction or upgrade my military records?

In order to get your military service records upgraded/changes, you must contact your respective service Board for Correction of Military Records or fill out and mail a DD Form 149, Application for Correction of Military Record Under the Provisions of Title 10, U.S. Code, Section 1552. You may download the form at

Contact information for each board is listed below and on the back of DD Form 149:

U.S. Army Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA)
251 18th Street South, Ste. 385
Arlington, VA 22202-3531
Web Site:

U.S. Navy & U.S. Marine Corps Board for Correction of Naval Records
701 S. Courthouse Road, Building 12, Suite 1001
Arlington, VA 22204-2490
Phone: (703) 604-6884/(703) 604-6885
Web Site:

U.S. Air Force Board for Correction of Air Force Records
SAF/MRBR 550-C Street West, Suite #40
Randolph AFB, TX 78150-4742
Web Site:

U.S. Coast Guard Department of Homeland Security
Office of the General Counsel Board for Correction of Military Records
245 Murray Lane, Stop 0485
Washington, DC 20528-0485
Phone: (202) 477-4099
Web Site: