Skip Navigation
Go to DoD Website Home

  DOD Knowledge Base


Join the U.S. Military or Federal Civil Service   Verify Military Status for Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
Advanced Search
Screen Reader users press enter to Limit by topic.  Limit by topic
Search Tips
Search filters applied

Search Results

Other Suggested Searches
Did you mean:
No results found.

  • Make sure all words are spelled correctly
  • Use different words that mean the same thing
Results 1 - 10 of 157
Recommended Links
  • Verifying Active Duty Military Status or Civilian Employment with the DoD.
    How can I verify employment for military members and civilian employees?
    Answer: The Department of Defense does not verify employment for active duty military members or for civilian employees by telephone.  If you are seeking verification of military service or employment...
    Date Updated: 10/07/2014
  • APO & FPO Shipping Information
    What is a APO and FPO address that is needed to mail a package to the troops?
    Answer: APO stands for "Army Post Office," and is associated with Army or Air Force installations. FPO stands for "Fleet Post Office," and is associated with Navy installations and ships.  DPO stands...
    Date Updated: 09/04/2014
  • Obtaining Copies of Military Records
    How do I obtain a copy of a person's military records?
    Answer: The National Personnel Records Center-Military Personnel Records (NPRC-MPR)   is the repository of millions of military personnel, health, medical records of discharged and deceased...
    Date Updated: 07/25/2014
  • Locating Service Members or Getting a Mailing Address
    How do I locate a current member of the U.S. Armed Forces?
    Answer: Responsibility for military personnel records falls within the jurisdiction of the military departments, not the Office of the Secretary of Defense. Therefore, requests for military addresses should...
    Date Updated: 10/08/2014
  • Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC)
    How do I find out about JROTC programs?
    Answer: The Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) program prepares high school students for leadership roles while making them aware of their rights, responsibilities, and privileges as American...
    Date Updated: 09/10/2014
  • Requesting DD-214 and other military records
    How can I obtain a copy of my DD-214?
    Answer: When an individual is separated from military service his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center. The...
    Date Updated: 07/29/2014
  • Military Code of Ethics
    Is there a Military Code of Ethics?
    Answer: Yes, the Military Code of Ethics can be found in Department of Defense Regulations 5500.7-R. Chapter 2 specifics the codes of conduct. You may view this regulation at the following web page, ...
    Date Updated: 07/25/2014
  • Federal Civilian Jobs with the Department of Defense
    How do I find out about employment opportunities with the Defense Department?
    Answer: Department of Defense Federal civilian jobs are advertised on the official U.S. Government web site  USA JOBS .  We recommend visiting this site regularly, new vacancies are posted every...
    Date Updated: 07/29/2014
  • Boards for Correction of Military Records
    How can I make a correction or upgrade my military records?
    Answer: In order to get your military service records upgraded/changes, you must contact your respective service Board for Correction of Military Records or fill out and mail a DD Form 149, Application for...
    Date Updated: 12/23/2014
  • American Flag Patch Worn on Military Uniforms
    What is the proper way to wear the American Flag Patch on military uniforms?
    Answer:   Army Regulation 670-1 , Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia, updated most recently on February 3, 2005, addresses explicitly the proper and lawful placement of the U.S. flag...
    Date Updated: 07/25/2014