DoD Knowledge Base: FAQs

Replacement of Military Service Medals, Decorations, and Awards.
Published: 05/29/2002 | Updated:  02/02/2017

I've been out of the service for several years. Whom do I contact about obtaining replacement medals?

The National Personnel Records Center's web site provides information on requests for the issuance or replacement of military service medals, decorations, and awards.

Please visit the National Archives at: