DoD Knowledge Base: FAQs

BRAC Transition Office - Assistance for Department of Defense Civilian Employees
Published: 06/01/2006 | Updated:  07/25/2014
I am a civilian employee affected by Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) where can I go to find information on continuing my Federal career or pursuing other endeavors?

We recommend that you visit the Department of Defense (DoD) Civilian Personal Management Service for information. Their web site provides employees, managers, supervisors, and human resources specialists the latest information on BRAC, and the variety of transition assistance programs offered by the Department and other Federal agencies. In addition, it answers questions concerning BRAC and transition programs, and links to web sites that will help you learn more about BRAC, transition assistance, and employment opportunities. The BRAC Transition Center's web site is